Collectively Bargained Workers’ Compensation (CBWC) is an alternative to the traditional workers' compensation system established through collective agreements between a union and its affiliated contractors. Leveraging a specialized Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) method, pre-approved medical provider networks, and collaborative labor-management measures, these programs streamline the handling and resolution of workers’ compensation claims.
• Access to quality medical care
• A knowledgeable, proactive liaison to help navigate the claims process – the Ombudsperson
• Faster recovery and return to work for injured workers
• A fast and simple dispute resolution process – ADR – that saves time and aggravation
• A proven means to control and reduce claims costs
• A means to prevent or mitigate expensive and time consuming litigation
• Reduction of worker’s compensation premiums
We believe there are significant expense reductions in your overall workers’ compensation program by participation in the Laborer’s ADR Group Insurance Program.
• The time devoted by your staff processing and following up on claims should be reduced.
• Your employee will receive high quality and timely medical treatment by an approved medical panel approved by labor and management.
• The program offers competitive workers’ compensation premiums including group and ADR credits.
• Your overall workers’ compensation program will benefit by better controlling loss reserves and reduced claim expenses resulting in reduction of your experience modification.
• A major benefit of ADR is your ability to be pro-active within the claims process. You can communicate directly with the ombudsman and participate in the mediation/arbitration process so that your interests are well represented.
Signatory contractors of the Southern California District Council of Laborers and its affiliated locals:
Union contractors who are members of the following employer associations and are signatory contractors of the Southern California District Council of Laborers:
Do you have questions about the ADR Program? Let's chat! Schedule a call at a time that suits you, and we'll guide you through every detail.